FIND YOUR CAR HERE
Projector VS Reflector Headlights: Which Is Best?
On the market today, there are two types of headlights - projector and reflector. Reflector headlights are the old style with simple design and less expensive to manufacture, while projector headlights are new with lens design and expensive.
what is it differences between these two types of headlights and which is best?
A reflector headlight consists of a bulb encased in a steel frame or bowl. it contains a bulb in a steel frame or bowl with mirrors to act as reflectors. The bulbs could be easily removed or replaced. Many new vehicles continue to be made with reflector headlights. There are a few advantages
- Cheaper and simply design - Manufacturers often use reflector headlights because they're less expensive.
- Smaller - Projector headlights are deeper, taking up more space within the vehicle.
- Light output is less controlled and the low beam cutoff for oncoming traffic is not much distinct.
- Most reflector headlights use a halogen bulb which puts out less high than the LED and HID.
- The beam often has intense and weak spots in the beam.
Projector headlights are a newer invention in the world of headlight technology. it is similar to reflector headlights. but a projector headlight also has a lens that acts as a magnifying glass, increasing the brightness of the light beam. there is also a cutoff shield. This helps to direct the light down towards the road and have a very sharp cutoff.
Pros of Projector headlights:
- Brighter - Projector headlights are significantly brighter than reflector headlights.
- They're less likely to blind other drivers. Because projector headlights are directed downwards towards the road, they don't shine in other drivers' eyes.
- Projector headlights give off a more even light. Reflector headlights can have darker spots.
- Xenon HID bulbs and LED bulbs can only be used with projector headlights. HID bulbs are too bright when used in reflector headlights, where the light they emit can blind other drivers.
Which is best?
When searching for the best headlights, most drivers want the brightest headlights possible without creating problems for other drivers. Projector headlights are brighter than reflector headlights, and they are less likely to blind oncoming traffic.
It's also worth mentioning that projector headlights allow drivers to use xenon HID bulbs instead of the older halogen bulbs. Considering all of this, it's clear that projector headlights are better than reflector headlights.